Beterbiev vs Yarde 'Deal Is Done' Says Bob Arum

Beterbiev vs Yarde ‘Deal Is Done’ Says Bob Arum

Boxing News Sport
Spread the love

Bob Arum, the Promoter of unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (17-0, 17 KO’s), stated today that Beterbiev vs Yarde has a deal in place for the fall of 2022 should Beterbiev beat Joe Smith Jr. Their 3-belt unification fight takes place tonight from the Hulu Theatre at Madison Square Garden on ESPN/ Sky Sports Boxing.

Arum revealed that he had spoken to Beterbiev’s team and WBO #1 Challenger Anthony Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren and agreed for Beterbiev vs Yarde to take place in London, England. Yarde (22-2) has been waiting for his shot at the title since beating Lyndon Arthur in their December rematch.

Anthony Yarde unsuccessfully challenged Sergey Kovalev for the WBO world title in 2019 and believes he has now made the appropriate adjustments to be successful in his second world title attempt later this year. One of those adjustments is the addition of James Cook MBE to his training team alongside head trainer Tunde Ajayi.

Frank Warren on Beterbiev vs Yarde

Frank Warren stated earlier this year that the proposed date for Beterbiev vs Yarde was October 22. The fight will take place on the BT Sports Platform, likely on PPV, but yet to be confirmed. It is expected a fight of this size also takes place at the prestigious O2 Arena in Greenwich which holds upwards of 17,000 for boxing events.

By Darshan Desai

Also Read: EverythingBoxing Updates: NEW Matchroom/DAZN Card, Sheffield Undercard Update, Probellum, Ohara Davies/Archie Sharp Opponents And MORE

2 thoughts on “Beterbiev vs Yarde ‘Deal Is Done’ Says Bob Arum

Comments are closed.