BKB Bare Knuckle Boxing, the world’s largest professional bare-knuckle boxing organisation, is set to make its highly anticipated debut in Newcastle, England, on Saturday, October 10, 2026. The landmark event, BKB 60, will unfold live from the Utilita Arena Newcastle, featuring hometown hero Mick Terrill in an explosive heavyweight main event against Poland-born contender Kamil Sokolowski.
This card also includes a BKB Super Welterweight World Championship bout between reigning champion Rolando “Dy Incredible” Dy and Scott “The Mute” McHugh, promising a night of intense action for North East fight fans. David Tetreault, CEO of BKB Bare Knuckle Boxing, highlighted Newcastle’s enthusiasm, stating the event offers precisely the kind of card local fans deserve.
Mick Terrill’s Electrifying Hometown Return at BKB 60 Newcastle
North Shields native Mick Terrill, known as “The Butcher of Shields,” returns to his roots for BKB 60. He brings a bare-knuckle record of 11-2 with 10 knockouts, demonstrating formidable power. The 43-year-old former multi-promotion heavyweight champion previously captured a world championship in this very arena.
Terrill has openly expressed his excitement about fighting in front of his own people once again. “There’s nothing like fighting in front of my own people,” he said, adding, “Once I knock him out, I want my shot at Gustavo for the title.” He sees this main event as a crucial step towards another world title opportunity.
Kamil Sokolowski: a tough challenger
Standing opposite Terrill is Kamil Sokolowski, a Devon-based heavyweight who carries a BKB record of 3-1. Sokolowski has already tested himself against elite BKB competition. His background in gloved boxing is equally formidable, having shared the ring with some of the sport’s biggest names.
Before his bare-knuckle career, Sokolowski built a reputation for immense durability. He went toe-to-toe with Dillian Whyte, Martin Bakole, David Price, and former world champion Lucas Browne. He also tested himself against Olympic medalists Bakhodir Jalolov and Frazer Clarke, making him a significant threat.
This extensive experience against top-tier opponents makes him a significant threat, as he aims to silence the Newcastle crowd and prove his standing at the division’s apex. He said, “Mick’s the hometown favourite, but this is my chance to silence the crowd and prove I belong at the top of this division.”
Championship battle: Rolando Dy defends against Scott McHugh
The co-main event promises another gripping encounter as Filipino star Rolando “Dy Incredible” Dy puts his BKB Super Welterweight World Championship on the line. Dy, with a bare-knuckle record of 6-1 and 5 knockouts, made history by becoming the first fighter from the Philippines to claim a BKB world title. He captured the belt by defeating Liam Rees in Cardiff in 2025.
Dy successfully defended his title for the first time on May 16, 2026. He delivered a brutal second-round knockout against two-division boxing world champion Paulie Malignaggi at Manchester’s AO Arena. As the son of former WBC world champion Rolando Navarrete, Dy carries a fighting pedigree, and remains focused on defending his championship, acknowledging his opponent’s formidable record but vowing to retain his hard-won title. Dy stated, “Defending my title is always the goal, no matter where or who’s in front of me.”
Scott McHugh’s championship bid
Challenging Dy is Scott “The Mute” McHugh, a highly decorated fighter and three-time world champion. McHugh is widely regarded as one of the sport’s most experienced practitioners. He’s aiming to add the prestigious BKB Super Welterweight World Championship to his already impressive resume. This type of high-stakes contest is becoming a regular feature in the combat sports world, often leading to a showdown of skills.
McHugh has fought and won titles across the globe, and he’s confident in his ability to dethrone the reigning champion in Newcastle. He acknowledges Dy as a great champion but firmly believes that every champion eventually loses. McHugh plans to ensure that moment arrives for Dy at BKB 60. He declared, “Rolando’s a great champion, but every champion loses eventually, and I plan on making that happen in Newcastle.”
BKB’s strategic expansion into the North East
BKB 60 represents a crucial step in BKB Bare Knuckle Boxing’s strategic expansion, marking its inaugural event in Newcastle. This move allows the promotion to tap into the vibrant fight culture of the North East, offering fans their first direct experience of world-class bare-knuckle action. The promotion’s CEO, David Tetreault, has been instrumental in this push, aiming to solidify BKB’s presence across the UK.
com/all-star-boxing-signs-wbc-grand-prix-champion-kevin-ramirez/”>key move by other promotions.
Tetreault, with over 30 years in media and sports, joined BKB in early 2025 with a clear vision: elevate bare-knuckle boxing into a mainstream sports franchise. His background includes significant roles at 20th Century Fox and Golden Boy Promotions, where he helped build stars and negotiated major deals. This strategic leadership is vital as BKB continues to grow its global footprint, making a key promotional move into new territories like Newcastle.
The unique design of the Trigon and other featured fighters
All BKB fights, including those at BKB 60, are contested within “The Trigon,” a proprietary three-sided cage designed to enhance action. Its 60-degree corners effectively prevent fighters from stalling, compelling them towards the center of the ring and encouraging continuous engagement. This unique fighting surface is a hallmark of the BKB brand, contributing to its reputation for non-stop excitement.
Beyond the main and co-main events, BKB 60 features other notable fighters set to impress the Newcastle crowd. Undefeated welterweight Adel Altamimi is on the card. Fans will also get their first opportunity to witness Olympic veteran and former IBF World Champion Joseph “JoJo” Diaz Jr. in action.
Diaz Jr. made a strong bare-knuckle debut with a first-round knockout at BKB 56 in July 2026. His presence further elevates the card’s international appeal. The full lineup of opponents for these featured fighters is still being finalised, but their inclusion signals the high calibre of athletes BKB is attracting.
The broader impact of bare-knuckle boxing’s rise
The expansion of BKB, and events like BKB 60 in Newcastle, highlight the increasing mainstream acceptance and professionalisation of bare-knuckle boxing. Historically, the sport occupied a legal “gray area” in the UK, often viewed through the lens of the 1882 R v Coney case, which deemed public prizefights unlawful. However, modern promotions have worked diligently to differentiate themselves.
BKB operates under private sanctioning bodies and adheres to strict licensing, medical, and venue safety requirements. This commitment to athlete welfare and professional standards is crucial in transforming public perception and gaining broader legitimacy. com/wilkens-mathieu-vladimir-shishkin-nabf-defense-quebec/”>critical NABF defense elevate their profiles.
The talent pool BKB is drawing, including seasoned professionals like Terrill and Dy, as well as crossovers from gloved boxing and MMA, further underscores this shift. Fighters are increasingly seeing bare-knuckle boxing as a viable and lucrative path. This evolving landscape reflects a growing appreciation for raw, unfiltered combat. As the sport continues to shed its underground image, its presence in major cities like Newcastle will only amplify its reach and cultural impact.
Ticket sales for BKB 60 commence on Monday, August 24, 2026, with both VIP and general seating options available through BKB60.com. Accessible tickets can be purchased via AXS, either online or by phone. This accessible ticketing strategy ensures a broad range of fans can experience the event live, fostering a diverse and energetic crowd for BKB’s landmark Newcastle debut.


